Before we dive into how you add and manage your Product, let us break down the overall structure of how your Video Squirrel video will come to be, along with the relationship between a Product and Opportunity in our system.
The end result is the shareable, shoppable video from which viewers can purchase what they see with one click of a pink button!
Here is the overview:
- After you create your profile, you will create your first Product in the system. This Product is one single SKU that will be matched to a Video or Opportunity.
- An Opportunity is an invitation to third-party content creators to create a shoppable video on your brand’s behalf.
- Your Opportunity will break down commission, payment and video placement guidelines. An Opportunity can be set to public or private.
- Opportunities are displayed in the Explore Opportunities section of the app
- Once a Product and Opportunity are Paired with a Video, pow! That’s when the magic happens and you will be given your unique Video Squirrel video link and embed code.
- If you have your own video content, you will simply upload it when you add your Product.
Please keep in mind that one video corresponds to one product SKU only. It is possible to create several different videos for one single product, and multiple videos for a product if it has variants, but otherwise the rule of thumb is: one SKU, one video
At the end of the day, each video has only one pink button that viewers can click on to instantly purchase what they see.
Cheers to your first sale! Any questions? Contact us and we’ll get back to you within two shakes of a squirrel’s tail!